DJI Terra is a powerful all-in-one mapping and surveying software that is designed for applications in public safety, construction, infrastructure, and agriculture helping to minimize the host of applications and platforms. Terra provides easy and useful features, including allowing drone pilots to chart automated flights based on the kinds of 2D orthomosaics, 3D models, or maps they are needing to create.
DJI Terra Version 3.5.0 Release Notes
DJI has released version notes to accompany the release, highlighting new features, optimizations and fixes in to their respective sections.
– Adds Seven-Parameter Transformation function to calculate and transform the coordinates from one coordinate system into another (Importing files for calculation supported).
– Adds Refine Water Surface function to refine water surfaces for 3D Reconstruction.
– Adds Merged Output option to merge output results in PLY, LAS, or PCD format for point cloud reconstruction.
– Adds support to export logs after reconstruction fails.
– Adds support to select vertical coordinate systems and horizontal coordinate systems for Japan, the United States, Germany, and Denmark. Selecting and importing geoid files are available when selecting a vertical coordinate system.
– Adds support to display block count and names for Auto and Custom Size block splitting options.
– Adds troubleshooting instructions to optimize reconstruction error prompts.
– Adds warning to the quality report of LiDAR point cloud missions to explain possible reasons for low accuracy or missing point clouds.
– Fixed the problem that the accuracy of LiDAR point cloud task decreases after opening point cloud accuracy optimization.
– Fixed issues where reconstruction fails when reconstructing agriculture missions on Japanese Windows operating system.
– Fixed the issue where flight route waypoint check fails when changing KML or point cloud in detailed inspection mission.
– Fixed the problem of high memory consumption for 2D reconstruction of data with camera angle less than 35º in vertical direction.
– Fixed the problem that when dragging the aerotriangulation results downward in the ROI area interface with the angle of positive view, the results will be enlarged and the ROI area will disappear.
– Fixed the problem that when the length unit was switched to imperial, the unit of distance to ground/subjects does not become imperial.
– Fixed the problem of partial loss of results after multispectral task breakpoint construction.
– Fixed the problem that cluster 3D models may not be loaded.
– Fixed the issue where S2MB format files cannot be properly displayed after importing to SuperMap.
– Fixed issue where content preview cannot be updated upon dragging after importing POS files.
DJI Terra Notes
DJI Terra v3.5.0 involves the reconstruction algorithm upgrade, which requires updating the driver version of your NVIDIA graphics card to v452.39 or later. DJI recommends updating your driver to ensure the normal operation of the reconstruction function.
Prior to updating, it is advised to complete any current projects using DJI Terra.
Looking for more?
and Zenmuse L1 Workshop, August 18, 2022 in Lenexa, Kansas.