The BAAM.Tech PPK system uses a GPS base to provide corrections for the aircraft. You can use any base that has GPS L1/L2 and GLONASS G1/G2, BeiDou B1/B2, Galileo E1/E5b and SBAS constellations and can output a Rinex file with a 1 second observation. This will cover most CORS stations, and high-quality base stations. BAAM.Tech also sells an inexpensive base specifically for our PPK system.
If Using a Base #
- Setup the base by attaching to a tripod and placing in an open area.
- Measure the height of the antenna from the phase center of the antenna to the ground. (This is required for the Post Processing Software)
- Turn on the base and set it up for a 1 second observation static Rinex file
- If using the BAAM.Tech Base, make sure the USB Thumb Drive is inserted into the system then power it on. No other setup is required, the base will automatically start to record.
- Leave the base on until you are done flying
If using a CORS station or operating far from the base, make sure the base is within 5 miles to operate properly.